Position General Site Labourer-Part Time Basis
Envirogreen Technologies Ltd. Contaminated Waste Treatment Facility is located approximately 20 KM Southwest of Princeton, B.C. V0X 1W0.
About Envirogreen Technologies
Envirogreen Technologies Ltd. (ETL) is an established waste management company, leading the way in the treatment of hazardous and non-hazardous wastes. Our permitted hazardous waste treatment facility located outside of Princeton, BC, utilizes thermal desorption technology to treat a wide range of industrial waste and contaminated soil.
ETL is looking for a motivated General Site Labourer with willingness to learn to join our team.
The General Site Labourer works under the direction of the Designated Supervisor and any assigned Supervisors and works with other employees within the company to ensure safe work practices and policies, compliances and regulations are adhered. The General Site Labourer will be required to perform various tasks involving moderate physical labour at the work site.
Main responsibilities will include; cleaning of company vehicles and equipment as per company’s fleet and equipment cleaning schedules.
The General Site Labourer will work closely with facility staff to create a positive and safe working environment, be a resource to management and facility staff for health and safety information and promote health and safety programs in the workplace.
- Minimum Education: High School or equivalent
- Minimum 1 to 2 years’ experience as a labourer (preferred)
- Ability to work unsupervised
- License: Valid Class 5 driver’s license and must have access to reliable transportation
- Language: English
Core Job Duties
- Wash, scrub, rinse, and wipe down outside of vehicles and equipment.
- Clean windows and vacuum interior of the vehicles/equipment.
- Complete ETL cleaner vehicle check list for every vehicle/equipment cleaned.
- Inform Supervisor of any concerns with vehicles/equipment.
- Participate in required training programs including, but not limited to, WHMIS, fire extinguisher use, first aid, mobile equipment awareness, ladder Safety,
- General labour duties as
- Other duties, as assigned by the Manager/Supervisor.
Qualified applicants should visit Envirogreen Technologies website: www.envirogreentech.com
Princeton, one of the sunniest places in BC, sits at the junction of the Similkameen and Tulameen rivers in the South Okanagan, East of the Cascades. The mountains, valleys, and hundreds of kilometers of backcountry roads are a beautiful natural setting for year-round outdoor activities. The rivers and lakes are excellent for tubing, kayaking, swimming or trout fishing. The nearby Kettle Valley Rail Trail is great for hiking and cycling.
Other amenities in Princeton include an outdoor pool, arena, curling club, bowling alley, golf course, basketball court, splash park, skate and bike park, community centre, theatre, library, and museum. For the hockey enthusiast, Princeton is the home of the Princeton Posse, a junior hockey club. There is also a regional airport, a riding club, music society, garden club, ATV club and many other organizations to get involved with.