Term: Casual / On-Call (no guarantee of hours)
Closing Date: Open until filled
Reporting To: Early Learning and Family Centre Coordinator
The Janitor under the direction of Early Learning and Family Centre Coordinator, or their designate, is responsible for the general cleaning of the Early Learning and Family Centre and keeping it maintained and in good condition.
- Clean and sanitize bathrooms including toilets, countertops, sinks, floors, and mirrors
- Sanitize all surfaces including but not limited to door handles, cupboards, light switches, and step stools
- Refill sanitary supplies such as toilet paper and paper towels, as necessary
- Vacuum, mop, or sweep all floors and ensure mats are hung and vacuumed after
- Empty and take out recycling and garbage and replace with new bags
- Clean windowsills, windows, and walls, as necessary
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required, and in accordance with the USIB policies and procedures, and as directed by the Director of Health or their designate.
- Minimum Grade 10 education
- Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search
- Valid Driver’s License with acceptable driver’s abstract considered an asset)
Qualifications – Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent personal standards including but not limited to, physical appearance and health
- Open to learning new techniques and taking direction
- Demonstrated janitorial skills
- Ability to work flexible hours, independently, and without direct supervision
- Prefer 2-3 years related janitorial experience.