Term: Part-Time (hours per week on average will be 20-25 but will fluctuate) Six Month Term
Closing Date: July 8th, 2022
Overview of Position
The Project Coordinator is a member of the USIB management team who is responsible for performing project related administrative tasks and ensuring appropriate and timely communications with USIB Members.
The Project Coordinator works closely with USIB staff and their consultants, including but not limited to architects, engineers, and building conservators to coordinate and maintain accurate project schedules, scopes of work and project budgets for:
- Project IV0089 – Chuchuwayha Hall Rehabilitation Project (Administrative)
- Project UK0143 – Hedley Mascot Mine Rehabilitation Project (Natural Resources)
This position is intended to increase the in-house capacity of USIB to manage complex construction projects throughout its traditional territory.
- Monitoring project progress, creating, and communicating project status reports for USIB staff and Members, as required.
- Assisting with resource scheduling to ensure team members have the resources needed to complete their tasks effectively.
- Scheduling meetings and facilitating communication between USIB staff and their consultants, and USIB Members throughout the project life cycle.
- Managing project management documents such as the budget, schedule, and scope, as directed by either the Natural Resources Director (Project UK0143) or Director of Operations (Project IV0089) and their consultants.
- Executing a variety of project management administrative tasks such as materials estimating, requesting quotes for services, payment certification, online reporting to funders and bookkeeping.
- Support project team members when implementing risk management strategies to ensure projects are delivered safely and of high quality, while also remaining on schedule and within budget.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required, and in accordance with the USIB policies and procedures, and as directed by either the Natural Resources Director (Project UK0143) or Director of Operations (Project IV0089).
- Minimum High School diploma
- Valid First Aid Level One (1) Certificate required or obtained upon hire.
- WHMIS Certificate required or obtained upon hire.
- Completion of WorkSafe BC and OHS procedures as related to staff and public safety.
Qualifications – Knowledge & Skills
- Class 5 driver’s license, and acceptable drivers abstract.
- Reliable transportation.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret construction documents such as contracts, drawings, and specifications
- Working knowledge of project management software
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Minimum two-years relevant experience in a related field such as business administration, management, or construction administration
A competitive starting hourly rate, commensurate with appropriate experience.