Position: Summer Youth Leaders (July 54h – August 26th @ approximately 20 hours per week) Reporting To: Family Centre Program Coordinator (or designate)
Overview of Position
The Summer Youth Leaders are responsible for assisting in programs consistent with the resource needs and interest of the community. Under the general direction of the Family Centre Program Coordinator or their designate, the Summer Youth Leaders are primarily responsible for assisting in the overall coordination, delivery, and operation of all youth and recreation programs and activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Chuchuwayha Family Centre Staff in facilitating summer recreational programming for children ages 5-12 years
- Assist with leading games and art activities.
- Assist with preparing meals and
- Assist with cleaning and sanitizing of the family centre and the toys and
- Assist with any other summer projects that benefit the Family Centre and its
- Optional training may be provided to youth to take the Food Safe Level One online course.
Education & Experience:
- Must still be attending and enrolled in school
- Must be at least fifteen (15) years of age
The candidates will have:
- A positive attitude, strong work ethic, and enjoy learning
- Must have a valid Social Insurance Number