Apply for a Bursary
The Community Foundation of the South Okanagan Similkameen offers bursaries to both graduating and returning students (Including adult students) in the South Okanagan Similkameen.
Eligible applicants must:
- have graduated from high school in the Regional District of the Okanagan Similkameen within the last five years; OR
- have been a resident of the South Okanagan Similkameen region for at least the last five years.
For inquiries about the bursary program, please contact Kevin Ronaghan at .
When to Apply
Applications will be accepted from April 1 through May 31, 2023. Please see the following table for the complete 2023 bursary program timeline:
|April 1, 2023||May 31, 2023||June 1st – 30th, 2023||June 30th, 2023||Starting July 2023|
|Bursary cycle opens||Bursary cycle closes.
All applications must
be received by 5pm.
|Applications are reviewed
and recommendations are made.
|All applicants are notified
and award forms are sent out.
|Awards are sent
and/or paid out to students.
PLEASE NOTE: We use a online application system. If you do not have access to a computer or unable to apply online, please contact us at 250-493-9311.
To begin your application: click on the “Apply Now” button below. You will be redirected to the online application system where you will be asked to create an account with a login name and password.
If you have applied to our bursary program in a previous year, please log in with your existing username and password. If you don’t remember your existing login information, please click the “Forgot Password” link.
Once you have created your account, you can start your application by clicking on the “Application – 2023 CFSOS Bursary” link.
You can access your application at anytime prior to final submission by logging in with your username and password.
In 2023, the following endowment funds will offer bursary awards:
- Sharon Amos Legacy Fund for the Arts
- Dr. John & Kathy Scarfo Bursary Fund
- Thea Haubrich Legacy Fund
- South Okanagan Indigenous Education Fund
- Culver Family Bursary Fund
- Lynn & Brian Jackson Endowment for Fine Arts
- Irene & Charles Armstrong Bursary Fund
- L&R Supplementary Bursary Fund
- Eva & Herbert Rosinger Scholarship Fund
- Alanna Matthew Fund
- Kaleden Bursary Fund (please see instructions below to apply for this fund)
Eligibility criteria for each of these funds are found by clicking on the fund name below. Please carefully review the criteria before starting your application. Applicants are welcome to apply for multiple bursaries, provided they meet the criteria of each bursary they apply for.
Apply for a Bursary – Community Foundation of the South Okanagan Similkameen (cfso.net)